Valentine’s day is one of those holidays for me where I love making the day fun for all of my friends and loved ones. I love making cookies and sweets for my friends and dropping them off on Valentine’s day to make their day even more special. You can count on the fact that I’ll get each one of my little girls at work a rose and make them their favorite sugary treat. And of course I’ll make an extra special dinner for my boyfriend! But that’s what Valentine’s is all about for me – baking!! And of course sharing the love (and calories).
These Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies are going to be made in BULK so I can wrap them up and deliver them to my favorites all over L.A. on Valentines day. Homemade V-Day gifts are the best because they are really made with love. I mean, what girl doesn’t love flowers, but those die so quickly. At least the cookies stay good in the fridge for a little while longer!
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 8 oz unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 10 oz white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixer, combine the softened butter and brown sugar with a whisk attachment. Let whisk for 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract. Add the flour, baking soda, sea salt and baking powder and slowly combine, making sure not to over-mix the batter. Add the cranberries and white chocolate chips and combine. Refrigerate batter for 1 hour.
- Using a 1 inch scoop, scoop 12 cookies onto each parchment lined baking sheet. Transfer sheets into over and bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies just slightly turn a golden brown color on the edges but are still soft and chewy in the middle. Remove from oven, transfer to cooling rack. Repeat process for remaining dough.