So, some of you might know this guy named Matt. He’s the man behind so many beautiful photographs we see around the world and the voice behind Matt Bites. He’s also my bestest friend. I met Matt a few years ago at a blogging conference and the rest is history! We are pretty awesome partners in crime and I’ve never met anyone that can match my love for guacamole and margaritas except Matt. Needless to say, we have a lot of fun together. Matt is always doing something fabulous and today I’m excited to share one of his latest projects: On A Stick!
Not only is this the quintessential cookbook for all things party related because let’s be real here people, food on a stick is pretty much the best food to serve at a party, but the recipes are ah-mazing. Everything that comes out of Matt and Adam’s (Adam is Matt’s partner and a genius food stylist who by my record has the worlds most perfect dollop) kitchen is amazing. Like for real. Everything. Not to mention each image in On A Stick! is beautiful. I kinda want to print some out and decorate my office with them. Would that be weird? I don’t think so 🙂
Anyways, back to the book, like I said before – it rocks!
Some of the recipes include:
Fried Ravioli. Pure amazingness, I mean really. Does it get much better than fried pasta….
Lamb Souvlaki. Totally making this for the boyfriend this week – he’ll freak out with happiness…
Smores…. ok seriously guys, if you don’t think this is the coolest looking smore in the entire world, then I don’t know if we can be friends anymore. Okay so I’m only kidding. Of course we can be friends. But how freaking cool are these?
So pretty much the bottom line is that you need this book. I mean summer is right around the corner. And summer obviously means lots and lots of parties. And parties mean food on a stick. I totally brought that full circle!
**And now for the giveaway! I’m giving away a copy of On A Stick! All you have to do is leave a comment here telling me your FAVORITE food on a stick!! I know we’ve all been to the fair before – do you like corn dogs on a stick, chicken skewers, cake pops…. For an extra entry, head on over to the What’s Gaby Cooking facebook page, become a fan and let me know your fav food on a stick there too. If you’re already a fan – just leave another comment to let me know! I’ll randomly pick the winner on Friday (5/6) morning.**
Another favorite recipe from the book are Ice Cream Sandwiches! Who doesn’t love a good ice cream sandwich… we made this last night at work and then promptly devoured them!
ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 cup AP flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream slightly softened
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Making the cookies: combine sugars, four, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the eggs until light and fluffy; add the butter and vanilla and continue beating until combined. Add dry mixture a little at a time to egg mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon. Continue stirring until ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Drop dough by heaping spoonful (approx 2 1/2 tbps) onto prepared baking sheet and baking for 12-14 minutes. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and let cool to room temp.
- Top the underside of 1 cookie with 1 cup ice cream and press a second cookie on top. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream. Tightly wrap each ice cream sandwich individually in plastic wrap and freeze at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Chow down! (that was my own addition. it really doesn't say chow down in the book)
On A Stick! is available right this very second on Amazon. Go order a copy or 2 or 17 and give it to all your friends. You can thank me later 🙂
**All pictures are from On A Stick! and shot by Matt and styled by Adam** They were kind enough to let me use some in this post!