Backyard dinner parties are in full swing here in Los Angeles. That weird June gloom stuff has burned off and it’s nothing but blue skies and sunshine. I’m constantly on the hunt for great recipes that will be showstoppers at my dinner parties and these Fried Chicken Sliders are currently on the top of my list!
If you’ve been hanging out on What’s Gaby Cooking for a few years, you probably know that when it comes to fried food, it’s an occasional indulgence for me, which means when it IS on the menu it’s gotta be awesome. These Fried Chicken Sliders are the perfect example of that! Buttermilk marinated chicken that’s coated with plenty of herbs and spices, then fried to perfection and sandwiched between a slider bun and topped with pickle ribbons and slaw. It’s utter perfection.
It’s a great one for entertaining too because fried chicken is awesome served hot, warm or at room temperature. Which means that you can spend more time hanging with your friends and family than slaving away in the kitchen. To make things even more exciting I sliced some ribbons of my favorite Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic pickles and then added a bit of the pickle juice into my go-to summer slaw. It’s a combination made in heaven!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, excess fat trimmed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup shredded green cabbage
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 4 tablespoons Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic Kosher Dill Halves pickle juice
- 4 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic Kosher Dill Halves, sliced into ribbons
- 6 Slider buns
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons siracha
- In a medium bowl combine the buttermilk, chopped parsley, chopped tarragon, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Add the chicken into the mixture and let soak for at least 4 hours, and up to 24 hours.
- Once marinated, drain the chicken of the buttermilk.
- In a large zip-top bag, combine the flour, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Place the chicken into the bag with the flour and shake until all of the chicken is coated.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium heavy bottom pan until hot, but not quite smoking. I usually keep the heat around medium high.
- Add the chicken to the hot pan and fry for 10-13 minutes until golden brown. Using a pair of tongs, flip the chicken over and fry for another 8-11 minutes until golden brown. Using the tongs, remove the chicken from the pan and place on a cooling rack to allow the excess oil to drain. Season with extra salt and allow to slightly cool.
- Combine the green cabbage, red cabbage, and carrot in a medium bowl and toss to combine. Pour the Farmer’s Garden pickle juice and water on top of the slaw and season with salt, brown sugar and oregano. Stir to combine and let the slaw marinate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Once the slaw is ready and the chicken is fried. Arrange 6 slider buns on a clean working surface. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo and siracha and then slater the bottom bun with equal amounts of the sauce. Add a piece of fried chicken on top of each bun, followed by a few tablespoons of the slaw and the ribboned pickles. Serve immediately.
This post is brought to you in collaboration with Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!