It’s pretty much my job to make sure you have a Giant Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookie in your life this week. I know, it’s a tough job, but someones gotta do it. And I’m willing to take one for the team and make sure you’re armed and ready for the week.
And what could possibly prepare you for the week ahead like a enormous chocolate chip coconut cookie? Not much. So let’s do it.
These cookies are mega giant. Like, so giant that I’m pretty sure you couldn’t eat it by yourself. So it’s best to grab a friend and dig in. Group effort. It’s the best way to do things that involve butter and sugar.
Giant Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookie
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter and transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Add the brown sugar and whisk to combine. Add the vanilla and egg and continue to whisk until totally incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined. Add the chocolate chips and coconut and mix to combine.
- Spray a 9 inch round spring form pan with baking spray. Transfer the batter into the prepared dish and spread it evenly. Bake for 23-27 minutes until done. Remove from the oven and let set for at least 20 minutes before slicing and serving.