Okay I have never made swordfish before in my life and this dish turned out to be really delicious. Which just goes to show that you shouldn’t be afraid to make new foods and try new things! Now before going into this dish I new that swordfish has a steak like consistency so I wanted to pair it with something light and refreshing… and what is better than a citrus pesto!!!
Grilled Swordfish with Citrus Pesto
- 3 cups basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 orange zested and juiced
- 1 tsp salt plus more for taste
- 1 tsp pepper plus more for taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil plus more for the swordfish
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 oz swordfish steaks 1 inch thick
- In a food processor combine the basil, pine nuts, garlic, zests, juices, salt and pepper and chop. While the machine is running, add the olive oil until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Remove the mixture from the processor and refrigerate until needed.
- For the steaks, place a grill pan on medium high heat. Rub each side of the steak with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the swordfish for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Transfer the swordfish onto your plate and top with the citrus pesto and extra pine nuts
Doesn’t that look delicious? It’s worth a try!!!