I can’t remember if we’ve already talked about real life, so it’s happening again. I mean I know you guys know about real life, but can we talk about what happens on days when someone (me) can’t be bothered to make pretty food that takes longer than 4 minutes. Occasionally I just need an insanely quick meal that requires less than 240 seconds on my feet so I can plop back down on the couch and relax.
Enter Guacamole Cheese Toast. It’s a lifesaver.
This was precisely the case a few days ago. We’ve been doing a whole lotta filming in my kitchen recently… some fun stuff coming your way soooooon. But on filming days, I’m so beat by the end of the day I literally cannot drag myself from the couch. There is currently an indentation on my side of the couch where I laid for 6 consecutive hours after we wrapped. Literally, I was dead to the world. My cell phone was on the table a few feet away and I just had to let it ring because my husband wasn’t home to bring it to me (man I sound like a total wimp) and I didn’t have the energy to go pick it up.
Okay so also, while we’re talking real life, does anyone else do that to their significant others? If I’m already sitting on the couch and I happen to need a water, or my planner, or my phone, and Thomas is up and about, then I ask him to bring it to me? I mean, I’d do the same if the roles were reversed. It’s gotten to a point where Thomas will now ask me if I need anything before he sits down on the couch with me, because he knows what will happen moments later. He goes through a checklist now, phone, planner, pen, water, charger, etc.) It’s almost a problem. Almost.
Back to the Guacamole Cheese Toast. So this takes less than 240 seconds, because sometimes that’s all the time we’ve got. Basically here it is…
Toast the bread.
Melt some cheese.
Top with guacamole.
Done and done. Okay so maybe it takes a second or two longer if you don’t have guacamole in your fridge at all times. But I’m weird, and I do. So if you had to make the guacamole maybe it’s more of a 7 minute dinner instead of 4.
My deepest apologies 🙂
Check out all of my favorite Avocado Toast inspired Breakfast Recipes:
Guacamole Cheese Toast
- 2 pieces thick cut whole wheat toast
- 1/2 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 to mato chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Cilantro sprigs to garnish
- Toast the 2 pieces of whole wheat toast until the bread is just golden brown.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the bread and melt in the microwave or oven until the cheese is just melted.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and place the avocado flesh into a medium bowl and mash it with a fork and a squeeze of the fresh lemon juice. Add the chopped tomato and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Divide the mashed avocado on top of the 2 pieces of cheesy toast.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.