I did a dinner party for 8 this weekend and the main course was this fantastic Halibut! Now… I have never been a big fish person but I am starting to like it! This Halibut is super easy to make and its topped with an herb butter.
Halibut with a Herb Butter
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 tsp minced fresh chives
- 1 tsp minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp minced fresh chervil
- 8 Halibut fillets or steaks about 1 inch thick
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- To make the herb butter, cut the butter into small slices and place into a bowl. Add the chopped herbs and combine together. Mash everything together until it is evenly blended. Then cover with plastic and refrigerated for a few hours.
- Add a touch of olive oil to the bottom of a grill pan and bring to medium high heat. Rub each piece of halibut with olive oil and salt and pepper. Then place onto the grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Then flip and cook the other side until the fish becomes flaky and is cooked through. They should be golden brown on each side. Transfer to serving dish and top each fillet with a small tab of the herb butter. You can also add a few lemon wedges for extra flavor!