These next few months are always a little bit of a whirlwind for me. I tend to do the majority of my traveling in the summer months – which is true this year as I get ready to leave for Austin, New Orleans and Seattle in the next 4 weeks. But when I’m not traveling, I love hosting summer soirees. Not only do I host these little parties at home – but also I do all the cooking when my clients host parties at their house.
In the summer, everyone likes to keep things light and not too hot (temperature wise) because well, it’s already hot outside! This Herb and Goat Cheese Pasta Salad is the perfect dish for hot summer night soirees because:
a – you can make it ahead of time and let it sit at room temperature without worrying
b – it has a boat load of goat cheese in it, which really just means that it’s amazing
c – it travels well, so if you plan on taking a dish to a friends party, well, this is it!
Herb and Goat Cheese Pasta Salad is also kinda colorful and cheery. And everyone loves happy food!
You can mix it up with different kinds of pasta, herbs, cheese too! For example – I used a herbed goat cheese, but you could easily substitute a regular goat cheese, or feta or whatever else you have on hand.
Herb and Goat Cheese Pasta Salad
- 1 lb dried pasta any shape will do
- 10 tbsp goat cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 5 tbsp fresh basil cut into a chiffonade
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1-2 cups Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Once al dente, drain pasta and put back into the pot you used to cook it.
- Add the goat cheese, olive oil and garlic and stir to combine. Let cool.
- Once cooled, stir in the basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Adjust seasonings if needed. Top with some chopped tomatoes and serve.