Lemon Chicken Pasta is my current obsession and I've made it 3 times in the past 2 weeks. No apologies though, it's that good!
This Lemon Chicken Pasta is one of those recipes that you can keep on hand for anytime! It's good in spring, summer, fall or winter and it's beyond easy (music to my ears). I've whipped this up, no joke 3 times in the last 2 weeks and eat it on repeat for lunch and dinner without a second thought. All the ingredients you need for this are probably in your refrigerator as we speak, except perhaps the chives! But those could be substituted for any herb - basil, parsley, green onions, mint... you name it!
Lemon Chicken Pasta
- 10 ounces linguini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 shallot roughly chopped
- 4 ounces shitake mushrooms sliced
- 6 ounces crimini mushrooms sliced
- 1 lb chicken thighs cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch chives snipped
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- handful of shredded italian mix cheese
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to the package directions, drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic, shallots and mushrooms and sauté for 6-7 minutes until tender. Add the chicken and sauté until fully cooked - about 10 minutes more. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, add the drained pasta, lemon zest, lemon juice and chives. Toss everything together and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve with cheese mixed in.
Photo by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Adam Pearson / Recipe from What’s Gaby Cooking
Made this for a dinner party and EVERY single person had a second helping! It was such a hit. Easy to make and absolutely delicious. .
This was very easy to make! Super delight and refreshing. I recommend adding some arugula on top and a smidge of feta for even more yumminess!
Delish!! So easy. Grocery store at 6, dinner on table by 7. So easy and awesome flavor balance. Will def make again
SO Good!!!!! And so fast to pull together.
I’ll have leftovers for a couple of days and I’m doing a happy dance!
What is “Italian mix cheese”?
like a parm asiago mix!
This is a staple in our house! We love it. Sometimes serve over brown rice instead of pasta and it's also delish!
This was sooooo delicious! Thanks Gaby!
That was delicious! I put garlic chives and parsley on top.