Guess what today is!?! Today we are throwing a virtual baby shower for Maria and Josh from Two Peas and their Pod because they are expecting their first little pea in just under a month! That is going to be one well fed baby! I can only imagine all the homemade baby food and delicious treats that Maria and Josh will make!
Now if you know Maria, you know that she loves her sweets! She makes wonderful cookies and bars and I pretty much want to be her neighbor so I can be the designated taste tester. But since we live in different states that’s not gonna happen. It’s probably best for my wardrobe because I wouldn’t be able to stop at just a taste of all those baked goods coming from the Two Peas kitchen!
For the baby shower today, I’m bringing these Lemon Coconut Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting! They are totes awesome, and festive and let’s just say that the recipe might have made about 2 more cupcakes than I got if I had taken it easy on the batter consumption! The cupcakes are filled with coconut milk and sweetened coconut as well as some lemon extract – and it’s pretty much a match made in heaven.
And since we are celebrating the the newest addition to the Two Peas family, I picked up some of these super cute cupcake lines at my local craft store. Perfect to welcome a cute little baby boy into the world 🙂
So here’s to the new baby! Have a cupcake or two, or three! And be sure to check out what else is going on at the baby shower below the recipe!
Lemon Coconut Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter room temp
- 1 1/4 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of canned coconut milk
- 2 1/2 tsp lemon extract divided
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temp
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, making sure to scrape down the sides in between additions. Slowly add the coconut milk and 1 1/2 tsp lemon extract and scrape down the sides once again.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder. In batches, add the dry mixture to the wet mixture until just combined, being careful not to over mix. Add in the coconut and give it one last slow whirl in the mixing bowl so everything is incorporated.
- Prepare a cupcake sheet with the cupcake lines. Scoop the batter into each cupcake liner until it's about 2/3 full. Place the cupcake tin into the oven for 20 minutes. Test the cupcakes with a knife to make sure the center is cooked through. Place cupcakes on a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, prepare the frosting. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, remaining lemon extract and powdered sugar. Whip until fully combined.
- Once the cupcakes are fully cooled, frost each one with the cream cheese and lemon infused frosting.
Simple Bites – Lemon Balm infused Lemonade
Ingredients, Inc. – Healthy Fruit Punch
Food for My Family – Lemongrass Soda
Heather’s Dish – Mixed Fruit Punch
She Wears Many Hats – Mini Pistachio Smoothies
Georgia Pellegrini – Watermelon Agua Fresca & a New Pea
With Style and Grace – Truffle Popcorn
Family Fresh Cooking – Baby Peas & Cheese Frittata
Barbara Bakes – Creamy Orange Fruit Dip and Fruit
Aggie’s Kitchen – Pasta Salad with Balsamic Basil Vinaigrette
Reluctant Entertainer – Nutella Berry Bruschetta
Dorie Greenspan – French Lemon Cream Tart
TidyMom – Blue and Chocolate Cake Balls
i am baker – Baby Pea Baby Shower Cake
Brown Eyed Baker – Pavlova
Picky Palate – Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Sandwich
Cookin’ Canuck – Nutella & Cream Cheese Swirled Blondies
Kevin and Amanda – Baby Blue Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Cups
Sweetopia – Decorated Sugar Cookies
Mountain Mama Cooks – Lavender Shortbread Cookies
Sweetapolita – Little Pea Sugar Cookie Pops
Bake at 350 – Petit Fours with fondant pea pods
RecipeGirl – Baby Button Cookies
RecipeBoy – Mud Cups with Gummy Worms
Add a Pinch – Blackberry Tartlets
Dine and Dish – Oven Baked Cinnamon Apples
Our Best Bites – How To: Make a Diaper Cake Centerpiece