I’m back for another meal prep idea and this time it’s Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Salad with Hummus!
My love for hummus runs DEEP. I could go though about 1 cup of it a day and it would be no hardship 🙂 I try to find ways to work it into just about everything I do! Making a wrap… add hummus. Having friends over for dinner… obviously we need a Mezze platter. Prepping salads for Thomas to take for lunch throughout the week… throw some hummus on there! Between Thomas requesting a healthy lunch on the regular, and phone calls from my sister asking what she should bring for lunch to her office, we’ve landed here with Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Salads.
These are easy to prep on a Sunday afternoon and then take for lunches throughout the week. The base is just some shredded romaine lettuce – or any other lettuce you prefer and some cooked quinoa! On top of that I like to add in whatever is on hand in my kitchen which is usually, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, feta and olives. And pretty much none of that actually requires any cooking, I’ll marinate some chicken and grill that on a Sunday and then chop it up and add to the salads throughout the week. And then to top it all off, each day I’ll put a big dollop of hummus on top and send it to the office with some lemon wedges. Easy! And all of it can be prepped ahead of time. Add the chicken and hummus each day before you leave for work and you’ll be ready to roll! Happy lunching.
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Salad with Hummus
- 4 cups Shredded Romaine Lettuce
- 1 cup Cooked Red Quinoa
- 4 Persian Cucumber sliced
- 2 tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup Feta in brine cut into cubed
- 1/2 cup Crushed Castelvetrano Olives
- 1 cup hummus
- Lemon Wedges
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- fresh parsley
- Whisk together the lemon juice, vegetable oil, garlic, salt, oregano, paprika and pepper in a large bowl; add the chicken and toss to coat. Transfer the chicken mixture into a large plastic bag; refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate. Grill on preheated grill until the chicken is golden and no longer pink in the center, about 5-7 minutes each side. Remove from grill once cooked and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut into a medium dice and then sprinkle the parsley over the chicken.
- Assemble a bed of lettuce. Top with piles of red quinoa, cucumber, tomato, red onion, feta cubes, chicken, olives, and a giant scoop of hummus and lemon wedges on the side.