I have never had Panna Cotta before… so this past week I scoured all my fav dessert sites and found one of the best recipes. I then went right out and bought gelatin (which I did not have in the pantry) and then went straight home to make it! And guess what… I LOVE IT! It is so amazingly delicious… and I am going to make it all the time now 🙂
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 packets powdered gelatin about 4 1/2 teaspoons
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- Heat the heavy cream and sugar in a saucepan. Once the sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Lightly oil eight custard cups with a neutral-tasting oil. Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water in a medium-sized bowl and let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Pour the very warm Panna Cotta mixture over the gelatin and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Divide the Panna Cotta mixture into the prepared cups, then chill them until firm, which will take at least two hours.
- Garnish with some shaved chocolate and serve!
How delicious does that look? I know right… you want one too!