Before we dig into this life altering Parmesan Herb Spiced Popcorn can we just discuss my all time favorite holiday tradition??
It’s too good to pass up and it happens every single time my mom, my sister and I get together for Christmas. Pride and Prejudice, the movie (well I think technically it was a mini-series to start). I’m not talking about the most recent one with Keira Knightly… I’m talking about the one that’s 300 minutes long (5 HOURS PEOPLE)! It’s so long it takes up 2 DVD’s, but let’s be honest, I totally remember when we had to pop in like 4 VHS tapes back in the day. It’s my favorite holiday tradition and I’m counting down the minutes until we are all cuddled up on the couch with this Parmesan Herb Spiced Popcorn and swooning over Mr. Darcy ☺ Ugh, I die. He’s so cute.
So in honor of that little Christmas tradition, I’m making some Parmesan Herb Spiced Popcorn to munch on while we binge watch the movie for 6 hours. We need sustenance people!! Made with McCormick Gourmet Italian Seasoning, McCormick Gourmet Garlic Powder, McCormick Gourmet Sicilian Sea Salt and grated Parmesan cheese… it’s more addictive than Kettle Corn… and that’s saying a lot! So whether you’re binge watching movies with your fam, or throwing a holiday soiree, this Parmesan and Herb Spiced Popcorn needs to make an appearance in your kitchen this year.
Parmesan Herb Spiced Popcorn
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the McCormick Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder and Sea Salt and stir to combine. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the popcorn kernels to the hot oil and cover the saucepan with a lid. Gently shake the saucepan by moving it back and forth. Once the kernels start popping, continue to shake the pan, until the popping stops. Once done, pour the spiced butter mixture over the popped corn along with the grated Parmesan and toss to combine. Add salt if needed and serve.