Here’s the deal. Basically I wish I could have each and every one of you over to my house for some cocktails and cookies to celebrate the holiday season. You guys are awesome. For realz. Your comments and enthusiasm for cooking make my day! And you’re funny. And I’m pretty sure we would be friends in real life too. Which is why I’m totally bummed I can’t have a giant party with lots of delicious treats for us to share. So instead, I’m doing the next best thing. What you ask? Well isn’t it obvious? I’m sharing one of my new, but quickly becoming my favorite Christmas cookie and asking you to #PullUpAChair and eat some with me!!
These super chocolatey cookies are laced with peppermint bark. ah-mazing. It’s like a chocolatey cookie with even more chocolate stuffed inside. And the chocolate stuffed inside has peppermints all over it! It’s awesome. You’ve gotta make these. They’ll send your taste buds into overdrive 🙂
Peppermint Bark Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups AP flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped peppermint bark
- 1/2 teaspoon fleur de sel or large sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large stand mixer, combine the butter and white sugar. Beat for 3-5 minutes until light yellow and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and continue to beat together until everything is incorporated. Scrape down the sides periodically.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and combine until all the dry ingredients are just incorporated.
- Mix in the chopped peppermint bark.
- Using a 2 tbsp cookie scoop, place 12 cookies onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the top of each one with a touch of the fleur de sel and place the baking sheet into the oven. Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack until they are completely cooled. Serve immediately.