Peppermint Cookie Brownies – rich, dark and decadent.
Sign me up!
Alright folks… let’s keep the brownie kick alive for a little virtual bake day today with Gold Medal Flour. My holiday baking streak is going strong and there’s no turning back now.
Today I made peppermint cookie brownies. They are insane to say the least. My mom was having a big ceramic/art open house this past weekend and I thought these would be the ideal treat for her to serve to all her friends. That’s one of my favorite parts of the holidays – baking for others! Homemade holiday gifts are my go-to for neighbors and friends, so there are the perfect way to show them all a little love.
Side note – if you haven’t taken a peek at all her beautiful ceramics, you should probably check them out!! They are gorgeous. We had a big time cyber monday sale a few days ago… and there are still a few fab items up for grabs!
Anyways… back to the brownies! These babies are laced with peppermint oreo cookies, a healthy dose of cocoa powder and Gold Medal unbleached all-purpose flour. I’m hooked. It’s the most perfect chocolate-y bite that ever existed. They remind me of my grandmas brownies that she makes us anytime we go visit in Chicago. Except she dusts hers with powdered sugar – she’s fancy like that!
Want more baking recipes?! Be sure to check out Gold Medal Flour on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube or Pinterest so you can check out how-to recipes, videos, and tips on baking!! They’ve got a bundle of delicious treats over on their site!
Peppermint Cookie Brownies
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter room temp
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 15 peppermint Oreo type cookies Trader Joe's also has a similar cookie that can be used pulverized in a food processor or by hand.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the sugar and cocoa powder once the butter is melted. Whisk to combine and remove from heat.
- Add the salt, vanilla and eggs and continuously whisk until the eggs are combined.
- Add the flour and pulverized oreos and continue to mix. Set batter aside.
- Line a 9x9 baking dish with tin foil and spray the foil with non-stick baking spray.
- Pour the brownie batter into the baking dish and transfer to the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, and let it cool for at least 1 hour before serving.