Say Whaat? Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms! These bites are insane.
I’m in full on game day prep. I’ll be home for Brazil by then and I’ll be ready to throw an epic party. Part of that party is totally going to consist of these pizza stuffed mushrooms. Can we just discuss my absolutely love and affection for stuffed mushrooms? It’s a total love affair and I can’t get enough.
A few weeks back Thomas and I both wanted a pizza for dinner but there were a few things standing in our way!
1: I didn’t have any pizza dough
2: I was way too lazy to whip up a homemade batch of dough.
3: Trader Joe’s was closed! It was a late night craving and something had to be done!
So I invented some pizza stuffed mushrooms. Shove the cavities of these mushrooms with pesto and pizza sauce, top them with sun dried tomatoes and then add in some fresh mozzarella cheese! Finish it off with some freshly chopped basil and prepare to have your world rocked! I promise it’s going to be a game changer!
I’ll be whipping these up for game day and relishing in the praise I get from everyone at our party. It’s not to be missed!
Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup homemade pesto
- 8 ounces boccocini mozzarella balls
- 1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- handful of fresh basil cut into a chiffonade
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stem. Place them bottom side up on a baking dish and drizzle them with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Put 2 teaspoons of pizza sauce and pesto into each cavity.
- Add 2-3 mozzarella balls on top of each mushrooms along with a sprinkle of sun-dried tomatoes.
- Transfer the baking dish to the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes until the mushrooms are tender and then cheese is melted.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and top with the freshly cut basil and serve immediately.