It’s officially the holiday season! And before I hop right into my holiday baking, I wanted to test out this recipe I have been dreaming about for a while. Potato and Goat Cheese Gratin is like music to my ears. I can’t imagine something more perfect that potatoes layered with 3 kinds of cheeses and a little cream to bring it all together. While this might not be the healthiest side dish of all times, it is certainly decadent and mouth-watering. The combination of the Monterrey Jack and Parmesan Cheese alone is to die for, but crumble in some tangy goat cheese and you have one winning dish! This will definitely not last long in my house!
This Potato and Goat Cheese Gratin is going to be the perfect compliment to my holiday meal when I head back to Seattle for Christmas! Imagine serving it with a big mixed green salad, a whole roasted Chicken with tons of herbs and lemons and then maybe a little roasted Parmesan cauliflower too. But in the mean time, I plan on taking a fork to this dish and helping myself!
Potato and Goat Cheese Gratin
- 2 pounds russet potatoes peeled and sliced into thin slices
- 3 oz Goat Cheese
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack Cheese Shredded
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place a layer of potatoes in an overlapping pattern and season with salt and pepper, a touch of nutmeg and a sprinkle of chopped garlic and fresh thyme. Sprinkle the top with a little salt and pepper and sprinkle some goat cheese, jack and Parmesan on top. Pour some of the cream on top of this layer. Repeat these steps 3 more times to have a total of 4 layers. Top with some grated Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, for 50 minutes.