I’ve been on a bit of a healthy eating kick recently. I figure after all the travel I did in September, it only is fair to give my body a break from all that restaurant food and get back to the basic of clean eating! Especially because it’s Fall and you know what that means… baking. Lots and lots of baking. And sugar. And butter. So I’m giving myself a week, maybe 2, to eat really healthy and clean before the butter and sugar fest begins.
Roasted Chickpeas are one of my favorite quick and easy snacks to make, not to mention a healthy one! It’s basically just a can of chickpeas aka garbanzo beans that are drained, rinsed and dried. Once they are completely dry they get a little drizzle of olive oil and then some seasoning. I’ve made all sorts of roasted chickpeas but my favorite seasoning blend has to be a mixture of salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and paprika. Not only do they give the chickpeas and great color but a nice hint of spice when you’re ready to chow down.
- 1 15- oz can Garbanzo Beans
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans in a large colander. Continue to rinse until all the foamy liquid goes away.
- Line the counter with a few sheets of paper towel. Place the drained garbanzo beans on top of the paper towel and let them dry for a few minutes.
- Once the beans are dried, place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and then sprinkle on the spices. Using your hands, toss the beans around so they are all fully coated.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for 20 minutes and all to roast. After 20 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and give the beans a little shake and then place back into the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Season with salt if needed once fully roasted and then serve.