I’m wondering if I’ll ever run out of pizza combos here on WGC? It’s doubtful. Hence todays creation… Roasted Vegetable Pizza
Last week I started and successfully finished David Chang’s Ugly Delicious on Netflix. Obsessed, per usual because who doesn’t love watching anything on Netflix. They’ve yet to do wrong in my eyes so now I’m just patiently waiting for them to call me and asking if I want to do a show. But until then… we’ve got Ugly Delicious. My favorite episode, naturally, was the one all about pizza. Somewhere in the episode it went into great detail about how there are sacrilegious ways to make pizza. Like when you start adding all sorts of weird things it no longer is a pizza and it becomes a flatbread. I’m of the mindset of who cares. There’s a time and a place for authentic pizza that is simple and delicious, and there’s a time for pizza that gets crazy with different kinds of cheeses, toppings and flavors. I’m obviously an equal opportunity pizza eater… duh.
Anyways, this Roasted Vegetable Pizza is epic. It’s loaded with all sorts of different flavors and I can’t get enough. Melty mozzarella, tangy goat cheese, roasted cauliflower and roasted carrots, fried sage and pesto! It’s probably the last pizza that will hit the blog before we launch into full spring mode (my favorite season change ever!) so let’s live it up and make it immediately!! Bonus points if you have some leftover roasted cauliflower and carrots as leftovers in the fridge… because then you don’t have to roast them before making the pizza!!
Roasted Cauliflower Pizza
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 1.5 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup roasted cauliflower florets bite sized pieces
- 1/3 cup sliced roasted carrots
- 10 pieces fried sage
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface roll the dough into one large pizza rough. Transfer the pizza to an oiled baking sheet, and spread the pesto on top, leaving about an inch for the crust. Top with the shredded mozzarella and goat cheese, roasted cauliflower florets and roasted carrots and transfer into the oven to bake for 11-13 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Remove from oven and season with salt, pepper, fried sage and red pepper flakes.
- Slice and serve as needed.