If you’re contemplating the Beyond Burgers as a meat substitute, let me be the first to tell you that they are amazing. The patties are amazing and you can jazz them up with any number of toppings to make it reminiscent of your favorite burger.
If you’re never had The Beyond Meat Burger from the company, Beyond Meat, it’s the first plant-based burger that looks, cooks and tastes like beef, but is made entirely from plants without ANY gluten, soy or GMOs. It’s totally the real deal! This revolutionary plant-based burger is good for you, it’s good for the planet and it’s freaking delish! My husband is convinced that the below recipe tastes exactly like the one he had at Carl’s Jr.
The Beyond Burgers are loaded with 20 grams of plant protein per patty, have absolutely no soy, gluten, or GMOs and they’re even sold in the meat case at over thousands of grocery stores.
Being an Arizona girl turned California girl, I naturally gravitate towards burgers that have avocado and tons of flavor and this southwestern rendition does NOT disappoint! Tons of caramelized onions and poblanos, avocado, pico, toasted buns… it’s perfection. So, find yourself some Beyond Burgers, make this over the weekend and thank me later!! Xoxo
Southwestern Beyond Burger
For the Burgers:
- 4 Beyond Burger Patties
- Caramelized Poblanos and Onions recipe below
- Brioche burger buns toasted
- 2 Avocados sliced
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo
- Chipotle Mayo
- Butter Lettuce
For the Caramelized Poblanos and Onions:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions finely sliced
- 2 poblano peppers finely sliced
- ½ cup water
- Kosher salt
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and poblano and sauté for 10-15 minutes until it starts to caramelize. Reduce the heat to medium and add a few tablespoons of water starting at the 15 minute mark and continue to caramelize for a total of 45 minutes until deeply brown but not burnt. Season with salt and set aside.
- Cook the Beyond Burgers according to the package directions.
- Place your toasted buns on a plate and add the lettuce leaves to the bottom of the bun. Top the lettuce leaf with the Beyond Burger. Top the burger with sliced avocado and caramelized onions and poblanos. Add some pico de gallo on top. Slather the top half of the bun with the chipotle mayo and top the burger with the bun. Serve immediately.