Even though we are technically in the home stretch of summer, I can’t quite wrap my mind around that fact. So I’m going to ignore it and continue grilling until I start getting rained on. That’s the only way forward as I see it. And today we’re grilling up these epic Southwestern Beyond Burgers to celebrate!
If you’re never had The Beyond Burger from the company, Beyond Meat, it’s the first plant-based burger that looks, cooks and tastes like beef, but is made entirely from plants without ANY gluten, soy or GMOs. I first heard about this through Matt and Adam, obviously! They had tasted it at a restaurant and called with intel that this couldn’t possibly be possible. Well, turns out, it’s totally the real deal! This revolutionary plant-based burger is good for you, it’s good for the planet and it’s freaking delish!
I’d say Thomas and I are like 85% plant based on a weekly basis so these Beyond Burgers are giving me LIFE! I can whip up any number of my burger concoctions and still feel fantastic! The Beyond Burgers are loaded with 20 grams of plant protein per patty, have absolutely no soy, gluten, or GMOs and they’re even sold in the meat case at over 10,000 grocery Beyond Burgers!
Being an Arizona girl turned California girl, I naturally gravitate towards burgers that have avocado and tons of flavor and this southwestern rendition does NOT disappoint! Tons of caramelized onions and poblanos, avocado, pico, toasted buns… it’s perfection. So, find yourself some Beyond Burgers, make this over the weekend and thank me later!! Xoxo
- 4 Beyond Burger Patties
- Caramelized Poblanos and Onions (recipe below)
- Brioche burger buns, toasted
- 2 Avocados, sliced
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo
- Chipotle Mayo
- Butter Lettuce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions, finely sliced
- 2 poblano peppers, finely sliced
- ½ cup water
- Kosher salt
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and poblano and sauté for 10-15 minutes until it starts to caramelize. Reduce the heat to medium and add a few tablespoons of water starting at the 15 minute mark and continue to caramelize for a total of 45 minutes until deeply brown but not burnt. Season with salt and set aside.
- Cook the Beyond Burgers according to the package directions.
- Place your toasted buns on a plate and add the lettuce leaves to the bottom of the bun. Top the lettuce leaf with the Beyond Burger. Top the burger with sliced avocado and caramelized onions and poblanos. Add some pico de gallo on top. Slather the top half of the bun with the chipotle mayo and top the burger with the bun. Serve immediately.
** This post is brought to you by Beyond Meat. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking**
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!