Suns out, funs out! It’s been gorgeous here in LA the past week, which makes me want to be poolside all day long. It also makes me want to stay as far away from the oven as possible. I’m all about no-cook meals at the moment and this Southwestern Flatbread is the perfect way to have a meal without any cooking!
It’s loaded with all my favorite flavors from the farmers market and it’s beyond easy! Just a few minutes of chopping, stirring and sprinkling and you’re ready to go! It all gets piled high on top of Stonefire Whole Grain Naan, sliced and served! And here’s the BEST part… if you’re local here in LA, you can come on over and have a slice or two with me! The team over at Stonefire Flatbread is currently on a cross-country tour and asked me if I’d be their L.A. ambassador during their time here in my backyard! So on July 23rd in Venice (exact location coming soon – stay tuned on twitter for more details) around lunch, you join us for some Southwestern Flatbread, sunshine and some laughs!! I really hope I get to see and meet some of you locals!!
Southwestern Stonefire Flatbread
- 2 pieces Stonefire Whole Grain Naan
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 lime juiced
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce plus 2 teaspoons of the sauce out of the can
- 2 ears raw corn kernels removed from the cob
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño
- Toast the Stonefire whole grain naan in a toaster oven or regular oven for 3-4 minutes until warm and slightly toasted. Set aside.
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit and discard. Scoop out the avocado flesh and place into a bowl.
- Add the lime juice, chipotle pepper, and adobo sauce to the bowl. Mash with a fork until half smooth and half chunky. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Slather half of the guacamole on top of each toasted flatbread.
- In a medium bowl toss together the raw corn, cherry tomatoes, red onion, chives, cilantro, and jalapeño. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Sprinkle equal amounts of the corn mixture on top of the guacamole layers and garnish with additional cilantro as needed. Cut the Stonefire flatbread into serving pieces and serve as needed.