Just because I wrote a cookbook all about avocados doesn’t mean that I don’t have a ton of other avocado recipes up my sleeve! Ya, it’s true. I’ve still got a boat load of recipes featuring my all time favorite food and today is one of those recipes!
Spicy Cheesy Guacamole.
The recipe. The video. The who enchilada. It’s party time over here on What’s Gaby Cooking. (also, can you tell that I’m totally loopy? I just got off my last flight from my crazy summer of travel – 18 flights in the last 3 months. I don’t even know what time zone I am in. All I know is that this Spicy Cheesy Guacamole is a party, and we’re celebrating)
It’s the latest and greatest guacamole creation to come out of my kitchen and we’ve been eating it by the bucket loads this summer. We’ll serve it as an appetizer or throw it in a bowl and serve it up next to some carnitas for taco night when we are having friends over. It’s the best. You should make it.
Just don’t pull a “Gaby” and chop up a jalapeño or two and then forget that you did that and rub your eyes and then scream at the top of your lungs because your eyes are burning out of their sockets and you don’t know what to do and there is no one to help you because your husband is laughing at you from across the apartment. I’d highly advise against it. Just be careful.
I’ve had to resort to wearing gloves when chopping up spicy things because for some reason I just never learn.
So without further ado… check out the Spicy Cheesy Guacamole video and the full recipe is below!
Also – how are you guys liking the new videos here?! We’ve been having a blast creating them for ya! If you want to see specific kinds of recipes, appetizers, desserts, main courses, snacks etc… feel free to shout them out in the comments! I love hearing from you so feel free to share whatever ya want 🙂
- 3 ripe Hass avocados
- 1 jalapeño pepper finely chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup queso fresco crumbled
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin, and place the avocado flesh on a cutting board. Cut the avocado in [1/2]-inch cubes and transfer the avocado to a medium sized bowl.
- Add the jalapeño pepper, fresh lime juice, cilantro and crumbled queso fresco to the bowl. Mash everything together with a fork until half chunky and half creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.