Food on a stick just tastes better that food not on a stick? Am I right? There’s just something so fun about it and these Sriracha Chicken Kebabs with Cilantro Vinaigrette absolutely hold that to be true!
First – let’s talk about the fact that Thomas is obsessed with anything Sriracha flavored. The guy puts it on his pasta. On any kind of protein. Rice. Quinoa. I mean, I can’t even keep enough of it in the house. I’m concerned that while I’m gone on my next work trip we might run out and he will be like STRANDED without Sriracha!! (for 10 seconds until he goes to buy 12 bottles at the store) But… these days you can get your Sriracha fix from many places – and most recently I’ve been all about these Blue Diamond Sriracha Almonds. My favorite snack mixed with Thomas’ fav sauce… a match made in heaven! They are perfectly spiced and make for the best coating on chicken skewers! I mixed them together with some breadcrumbs for a perfect bite that’s spicy, crunchy and delicious! Dip it all in a vat of cilantro vinaigrette, as it’s the right thing to do, and you’re on your way!
Sriracha Chicken Kebabs
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- ½ cup snipped chives
- ½ cup Blue Diamond Sriracha Almonds pulsed in a food processor
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 recipe Cilantro Vinaigrette
- In a small dish, combine the cut chicken, 2 tablespoons oil and melted butter. Toss to combine until full coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish, combine the breadcrumbs, chives, ground Blue Diamond Sriracha Almonds, lemon zest, garlic and stir to combine.
- Dredge the chicken through the breadcrumb mixture. Place breaded pieces on wooden skewers, about 5-6 pieces per skewer.
- Heat the remaining oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Cook the chicken until golden brown on all sides and cooked through, about 8 minutes total.
- Serve alongside cilantro vinaigrette for dipping and garnish with more chives and extra lemon wedges.