Panzanella Salad is one of those quintessential summer sides! It’s a mixture of fresh produce and delicious homemade garlic croutons. Well, at least my version is! It’s a bright and cheerful salad, which is exactly what we all want in our lives, especially this weekend for all the Memorial Day celebrations!
The great thing about panzanella is that is pairs well with pretty much everything. So whether you’re grilling up some burgers, or chicken skewers, or a whole fish – this will work as a side dish. Another great thing about panzanella is that it is oh-so-easy to make! Chop up some fresh veggies, throw in some beautiful avocado for good measure, toast up some bread cubes, toss it all together with an orange champagne vinaigrette and call it a day.
I’ll take a giant bowl of this everyday of the week. Yes, please!
Summer Panzanella Salad
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 loaf French bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 20 small cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 Persian cucumbers sliced
- 5 mini red bell peppers sliced
- 5 mini yellow bell peppers sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- Handful large basil leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 3 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- squeeze of fresh orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the bread cubes with the olive oil, salt, garlic powder and pepper and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, red onion and herbs and toss together. Drizzle in the Champagne vinegar, olive oil and squeeze of orange juice. Carefully toss everything together and add more salt and pepper if needed. Serve immediately.