Looking for a great potato salad for this weekends Fourth of July festivities? Well, look no further. This lightened up version of a potato salad is perfect for big BBQ’s and parties this weekend and it will stay good all day long! Especially because there is no mayo in it – which means it can hang out on the buffet table for as long as you need along with all your other Fourth of July goodies like, Chipotle Guacamole, Strawberry Basil Lemonade, and BBQ Baby Back Ribs!
This potato salad consists of 3 fabulous parts. 1, the potatoes. I like the use dutch baby potatoes because they nice and creamy and you don’t have to peel the skins! 2, the scallions. These little bites of freshness just make the salad pop. 3, the champagne shallot vinaigrette. It’s a winner. And you’ll want to eat it on just about everything once you’ve tried it.
Summer Potato Salad
- 4 cups dutch baby potatoes cut in half
- 2 shallots minced
- 1/3 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6 scallions chopped
- Place the potatoes in a large pot once sliced. Add enough water to the potatoes so that they are all covered.
- Place pot onto the stove over medium high heat and cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain water from potatoes and set the potatoes aside to slowly cool.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by combining the shallows, champagne vinegar and dijon mustard into a bowl. Slowly steam in the olive oil while whisking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving bowl and toss with the vinaigrette. Sprinkle with green onions and serve. (Can be served warm, at room temperature or chilled)