You’re all aware of my love for a majorly loaded salad. I can’t be stopped and this Superfood Salad is EVERYTHING you could possibly need after a long weekend!
Piled high with kale, mandarins, quinoa, beets, avocados, almonds and dried fruit this salad will keep ya going all day long. I’m on a mission to stay as healthy as possible for the next week or so, because after that it’s Super Bowl Season and the appetizers / cheese boards / baked goods are coming out in FULL FORCE!
So for all ya’ll out there who are on the reset train with me, this salad is the perfect way to keep chugging along! You could throw on a piece of roasted chicken or salmon and call it dinner too!
- 2 bunches Lacinato kale
- 6 tablespoons orange muscat champagne vinegar divided (Trader Joes - or you can use champagne vinegar)
- 1/2 cup sliced persian cucumbers
- 1/3 cup quinoa cooked and brought to room temp
- 1/2 cup whole natural almonds chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 4 whole beets roasted and skin removed, cut into quarters
- 3 satsuma mandarins peeled and divided into sections
- 1 avocado cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Fold each kale leaf in half lengthwise then pull out and discard the center rib. Tear leaves into bite-sized pieces and place in a large nonreactive bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of the vinegar and salt to kale and, with clean hands, rub and gently squeeze the kale until it just begins to soften and wilt.
- In a large serving bowl, place the kale and top with piles of the quinoa, almonds, raisins, cucumbers, quartered cooked beets, peeled and sectioned mandarins, and avocado. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the olive oil and remaining orange muscat champagne vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and serve.