Lots of family coming into town this week? Need a quick and easy snack recipe? Look no further – I’ve got one for ya!
Sweet and spicy nuts. It’s where it’s at. Simple. Spicy. Sweet. And 100% addictive. These are way easy to make. I’m making another batch in bulk today so I can just throw them out on the counter all week when we have people over for cocktails or whatever. You know what I mean? Having something fun for people to munch on is always a good idea!!
Sweet and Spicy Roasted Nuts
- 1 cup raw whole cashews
- 1 cup raw whole walnuts
- 1 cup raw whole almonds
- 1 cup raw pepitas
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper and set it aside.
- Combine the cashews, walnuts, almonds and pepitas in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Whisk together the egg white, water, sugar, salt, cayenne pepper and cinnamon.
- Drizzle the wet mixture over the nuts and toss to combine, making sure evenly is evenly coated.
- Transfer the nuts to the baking sheet and spread everything out in an even layer.
- Transfer the baking sheet into the oven and roast for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the nuts from the oven and separate the nuts as they cool. Once they are completely cooled, transfer the nuts to an airtight container and serve as needed.