This is probably my new favorite sandwich! The Turkey, Brie and Pesto Panini. I made it a few weeks ago for the first time for a client who isn’t a big breakfast fan… so we opted for a sandwich replacement… and after making them, well, it’s official that I’m hooked. I’m not a big breakfast person either and this is literally the perfect thing to get me going in the morning. Not to mention I’ve been cooking with one goal in mind – don’t turn on the oven or the stove. Too hot. Too much effort. And this panini is the perfect thing to make without using either appliance and just my trusty panini press.
Another great idea for this sandwich is to use Sandwich Thins. Basically they are really thin pieces of bread and are shaped in a circle and they are kinda amazing. I would have made this panini with them, but well, I ate them all. Whoops! Whatever kind of bread you have on hand will be great – because it’s the flavors inside the sandwich that really shine.
So if you’re not a breakfast person either than you’ve got to give this sandwich a go. And if you are a breakfast person, then I’m jealous. And you’ll just have to make this for lunch!
- 2 slices bread, whole grain preferred
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp homemade pesto
- 1 small handful arugula
- 4 slices Brie
- 3 slices oven roasted turkey
- Plug in your panini press and let is get hot.
- Brush the olive oil on one side of each piece of bread. These are the sides that will be touching the panini press.
- Place a piece of bread on a plate, olive oil side down. Spread on the pesto and then layer on the turkey, brie and arugula. Top with the remaining piece of bread.
- Place into panini press and close. Let it toast for about 5 minutes until its golden brown on the top and bottom. Remove, slice and serve.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!