Grilled Corn and Stone Fruit Salad
The Grilled Corn and Stone Fruit Salad of your dreams. Seriously this is the most perfect summer salad of all times.
Servings: 6 people
- 4 ears corn husked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lemon juiced about 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 nectarines or peaches sliced into ½"-thick wedges
- 1 small shallot thinly sliced
- 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 4 ounces Cotija cheese crumbled (about ½ cup - or fresh feta)
Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Brush corn with 1 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt, pepper and a sprinkle with chili powder. Grill, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly charred in spots, 6–8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool, then cut kernels from cobs.
Whisk with lemon juice, ¼ cup oil and spices in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add corn kernels, stone fruit, shallot, basil and cheese and toss to combine. Serve family style.