Greek Salad with Salmon
Imagine your all time favorite Greek Salad with Salmon! This easy dish is bright, flavorful and perfectly filling but light all at the same time!
Servings: 4 people
For the Greek Vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the Salad
- 4 cups roughly chopped ripe tomatoes I used cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups roughly chopped cucumbers I used persian cucumbers
- 2 red or yellow peppers cut into chunks
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 8 ounces feta drained and crumbed
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Baby arugula
For the Salmon
- 1 lb salmon cut into 4 4-ounce filets
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper and set it aside.
In a large bowl. combine all of the vegetables and gently toss together. Pour the Greek vinaigrette over the vegetables, and again, gently toss to coat them. Crumble the feta over the salad and then very gently toss the cheese into the vegetables.
Taste and adjust for more freshly ground black pepper if desired.
Place large handful of arugula in a serving bowl. Place a large spoonful of the greek salad on the arugula (or maybe on the side) and a salmon on top.