Grilled Summer Squash
What to do with all that summer squash - make this Grilled Summer Squash with feta and the brightest most delicious vinaigrette!
Servings: 6 people
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini cut in half lengthwise
- 2 medium yellow squash cut in half lengthwise
- 1 red onion cut into 8 wedges
- 8 patty pan squash cut in half
- 1 sheet Feta cheese
- Fresh Mint
- Fresh Basil
- 1 recipe Lemon Champagne Vinaigrette below
For the Lemon Champagne Vinaigrette
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Preheat a grill over medium-high heat. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl; toss well to coat. Arrange squash in a single layer on the grill and grill for 5 minutes total, turning halfway through.
Once grill marks appear on both sides and the squash is cooked, remove from the grill and transfer to a serving platter. Slice the zucchini and yellow squash into 1 inch pieces. Crumble the sheet of feta on top, sprinkle with fresh mint and basil leaves and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Adjust salt and pepper as needed and serve immediately.