Fall Farmers Market Salad
The perfect quick and easy Fall Farmers Market Salad that goes well with just about any main course this time of the year!
- 1/2 cup candied walnuts
- 8 cups market greens wild kale, wild arugula, etc
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 persimmons sliced into wedges
- Goat cheese
For the red wine vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
To make the vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the olive oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly until well blended.
Put the greens in a large serving bowl, drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss to coat evenly. Top with the persimmons, pomegranate seeds, nuts and goat cheese, and toss well. Serve immediately.