The Best Mashed Potatoes
Looking for the best creamy mashed potatoes? These mascarpone mashed potatoes will truly knock your socks off!
Servings: 6 people +
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or whole milk, plus more if needed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons Mascarpone cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- freshly chopped chives
Peel and dice potatoes, making sure all are in about 1 inch cubes.
Place in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to medium low to maintain a rolling boil. Cook until potatoes are fork tender and you can easily pierce them with a fork when touched.
Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water. Place the diced potatoes through a ricer and then place back into the warm pot. Alternatively, if you don't have a ricer, mash the potatoes with a masher and place back into the warm pot
Add the cream, butter, Parmesan, mascarpone and garlic and stir to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper and fold in the chopped chives before serving.