Crispy Roasted Asparagus Recipe
This Crispy Roasted Asparagus Recipe is basically the best asparagus dish on the face of the earth. When you pair it with a lemon toasted panko topping and then sprinkle on some parmesan cheese… I mean come on. It’s not even fair to the other side dishes out there.
Servings: 3 people
- 1 pound asparagus ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lay the trimmed asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle the Herbs de Provence on top and place into the oven. Roast for 15 minutes until just tender.
While the asparagus is roasting, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the panko and stir for 3-4 minutes until the panko is golden brown. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the lemon juice and zest and stir and let cool.
Once the asparagus is out of the oven, transfer the asparagus to a serving platter and sprinkle with the panko mixture. Add the 2 kinds of cheese on top and season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately.
- The trick to making crispy and tender asparagus is roasting it on high heat for a short amount of time.
- When toasting your panko breadcrumbs make sure to keep an eye on it the whole time as it goes from lightly golden to dark brown very quickly.
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 211mg | Potassium: 386mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1316IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 4mg