Cheesiest Grilled Cheese
after 30+ years of experience - I can tell you that THIS is the best grilled cheese you'll ever make!
Servings: 4 people
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter softened, divided
- 8 slices sourdough or french bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 4 ounces Brie cheese rind removed and thinly sliced
- Hunt’s Best Ever Ketchup for dipping
Spread 3 tablespoons butter on 1 side of all the bread slices. Toast bread, butter side down, in a large skillet until golden brown, about 2 minutes and then remove.
In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, parmesan cheese and remaining 3 tablespoons butter.
In another bowl, combine the shredded cheddar, shredded Monterey Jack and shredded Gruyere.
To assemble sandwiches:
Top the toasted side of 4 bread slices with sliced Brie and sprinkle the cheese mixture evenly over the Brie. Top with remaining bread slices, toasted side facing inward. Spread mayonnaise mixture on the outsides of each sandwich. Place in same skillet, over medium low heat and cook until golden brown and cheese is melted, 5-6 minutes on each side. Serve immediately with ALL THE KETCHUP.