Southwestern Lasagna is made up of layers of tortillas, Mexican cheeses and taco meat
Servings: 6 People
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 5.25 ounce can whole green chiles drained and roughly chopped
- 3 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 1 16-ounce can refried beans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
Preheat oven to 375 F and coat an 8-inch skillet with baking spray.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add some olive oil and sauté the turkey meat and onion until the turkey is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add the taco seasoning, salt and garlic and mix to combine. Add diced tomatoes and green chiles continue to cook until the liquid evaporates.
Spoon 1/2 of the taco meat into the skillet. Lay the tortillas in an overlapping fashion on top of the taco meat. Carefully smear a layer of refried beans on top of the tortillas. Followed by the remaining taco meat. Then add a layer of corn.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and add the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for an additional 10 minutes until the cheese is melted. Garnish with the chopped tomatoes, chopped green onions and cilantro. Serve