Melon Caprese Skewers
These Italian inspired Melon Caprese Skewers are the perfect summer snack!
Servings: 10 people
- 1/2 cup Basil Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 1 small cantaloupe scooped into balls
- 1 small honeydew scooped into balls
- 1 small seedless watermelon scooped into balls
- 20 fresh water-packed mozzarella balls drained
- 10 thin slices prosciutto cut in half lengthwise, gathered into ruffle
- Small wooden skewers about 4-6 inches long
- Maldon sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
For the basil vinaigrette
- 1 shallot roughly chopped
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil leaves stems removed (about 4 ounces)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Thread an assortment of the ingredients on the skewer - melon ball, basil leaf, mozzarella ball, ruffled prosciutto etc.
Arrange skewers on platter. Drizzle with basil vinaigrette and sprinkle with maldon sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.