Lemon Chicken Pasta
Meet the easy chicken pasta of your dreams! This Lemon Chicken Pasta is just what you need when you want to put dinner on the table FAST!
Servings: 4 people
- 10 ounces linguini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 shallot roughly chopped
- 4 ounces shitake mushrooms sliced
- 6 ounces crimini mushrooms sliced
- 1 lb chicken thighs cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch chives snipped
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- handful of shredded italian mix cheese
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to the package directions, drain and set aside.
In a large skillet, add the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic, shallots and mushrooms and sauté for 6-7 minutes until tender. Add the chicken and sauté until fully cooked - about 10 minutes more. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
Once chicken is fully cooked, add the drained pasta, lemon zest, lemon juice and chives. Toss everything together and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve with cheese mixed in.