Greek Chicken and Potatoes
Everything gets piled into a big cast iron skillet, seasoned with a marinade so addicting you’ll want to drink it, and roasted until the chicken and the potatoes are golden, crispy and pure perfection!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 whole chicken cut down into breasts, thighs and legs
- 6 medium Yukon Gold Potatoes cut into bite sized pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Cucumber medium dice
- Cherry Tomatoes halved
- Crumbled Feta
Stir together the lemon juice, garlic, herbs, red pepper flakes and olive oil in a bowl. Place the chicken in a large zip lock bag and pour 3/4th of the marinade on top. Marinate in the fridge for 12- 24 hours.
Once the chicken is marinated, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Place the potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with the remaining marinade, toss to combine. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. Arrange the potatoes on the bottom of a large cast iron skillet. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on top of the potatoes and season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Roast the chicken and potatoes in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes until golden and crispy.
Top with the chopped cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and feta and serve immediately.