Pea Prosciutto Spring Pizza
When in doubt of what to do with a bunch of fab farmers market produce, put it all on a pizza and slap an egg on it, duh!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 recipe fresh pizza dough
- 1/3 cup Basil Vinaigrette
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded or fresh mozzarella sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh peas blanched
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas sliced thin
- 1 bunch asparagus tips only, blanched
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Fresh Basil torn into pieces
Pre-heat oven to 475 degrees F.
Shape the dough into 2 medium-ish pizzas while on a clean floured surface. Let the dough sit for 5 minutes and then re-form to make sure it's as big as you'd like. Place the pizza dough on a lightly floured rimless baking sheet, or pizza peel.
Spread the basil vinaigrette over the top of each pizza. Top with the mozzarella, scatter the peas and asparagus on top of the cheese. Transfer to an oven and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove the pizza and add the egg on top of each pizza and transfer them back into the oven to continue to cook until the egg white is set and the yolk still runny .
Remove from the oven, Add the prosciutto on top and garnish with basil.