This Chicken Bolognese is one of my favorite meals these days. It’s quick and easy to whip up on any night of the week and both kids and adults love it.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 oz pancetta finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound ground dark meat chicken
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 24- ounce jar marinara sauce
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- fresh basil leaves to garnish
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Add the pancetta to a medium heavy bottom pan over medium heat. Cook the pancetta, stirring frequently, until crisp. Spoon out the crisp pancetta and set aside.
Using the fat leftover from the pancetta, add the onions and garlic and sauté for 5-6 minutes until soft. Add the red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning and stir to combine.
Add the ground meat and break apart using a wooden spoon. Sauté for 4-5 minutes until no pink remains. Add the red wine and scrape up any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Continue to cook the chicken until the wine has cooked off. Add the marinara sauce and pancetta back into the pan and stir to combine. Reduce heat to simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Serve over freshly cooked pasta and parmesan cheese. Top with basil leaves and enjoy!