Rustic Herb Skillet Stuffing
If you're looking for the best stuffing ever (no nuts, no sausage, no shrooms) THIS IS IT!
Servings: 8 people
- 1 loaf country-style French bread with crust cut into 1-inch cubes
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread bread on large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until bread is dry, about 15 minutes. Cool.
Melt 10 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and celery and saute for 5-6 minutes. Add green onions, all the herbs, garlic, salt and pepper and sauté until celery is tender, 6 to 8 minutes more.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Generously grease a large skillet or baking dish. Place bread cubes in very large bowl. Add warm vegetable mixture; toss to combine.
Whisk eggs and 3/4 cup broth in medium bowl. Add egg mixture to stuffing and toss to coat. Mix in Parmesan.
Add more broth (about 1/2 to 3/4 cup) to stuffing if dry. Transfer to skillet or baking dish. Cover with buttered foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake until golden, about 30 minutes.