Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad
This Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad is the perfect holiday salad! Crunchy, bright, flavorful and loaded with creamy avocado!
Servings: 6 people
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale stemmed and leaves thinly sliced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2-3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 cup candied walnuts chopped
- Shaved Parmesan cheese for garnish
Using a mandolin, thinly slice the Brussels sprouts. Place in a large bowl, add the kale and toss to combine
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, shallot, garlic and season with salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the Brussels sprouts and kale and toss to coat well. Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds, avocado, candied walnuts and parmesan cheese over the salad and toss to combine.