Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken Burgers with Guacamole
If you're stuck in a burger rut this juicy chicken burger is the answer. It's not only stuffed with shredded cheddar cheese, cilantro and jalapeños, but it’s enhanced even more with the addition of guac, sour cream, and some pico. It's incredible.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 burger buns toasted
- sour cream
- sliced red onions
- 1 cup Guacamole
Prepare an indoor or outdoor grill over medium heat.
Transfer the ground chicken to a medium bowl. Add in the onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, cumin, paprika, cheddar cheese, salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Using your hands, incorporate everything together. Make sure everything is evenly incorporated without over mixing the ground chicken.
Form the mixture into four 1/2"-thick patties. Grill burgers over medium heat until cooked through, 5-7 minutes per side.
Serve each patty in a burger bun topped with guacamole and sour cream and any additional toppings needed.