Simple Sautéed Greens
The only recipe you'll ever need to cook off all those leafy greens!
Servings: 4 people
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-5 bunches leafy greens (Tuscan kale, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Rainbow Chard etc) stems discarded and leaves coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lemon juiced (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil over medium high heat.
Add the greens in batches, letting it wilt down before adding the next batch and stirring often.
Once wilted, make a hole in the middle of the pan and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and garlic. Sauté for 30 seconds until fragrant and then stir into the greens.
With the heat still at medium high, add the white wine and let the alcohol cook out. Add the lemon juice, red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper. Let any excess moisture drain off and serve