Avocado Corn Salad
A bright herby Avocado Corn Salad with plenty of lime juice and a hint of garlic! This makes for the perfect summer dish dish!
Servings: 6 people
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, finely diced
- 5 ears corn on the cob, husks removed and cleaned
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 cup torn basil
- 1 lime, juiced (plus more to taste)
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Grill the corn on an indoor or outdoor grill until lightly charred. Remove kernels from the cob.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and poblano and sauté for 5-7 minutes until translucent. Add the green onions, and garlic and sauté for 60 seconds. Add corn and season with salt and pepper.
Remove from heat and taste and adjust as needed. Transfer to a serving bowl and let cool slightly. Add the herbs, lime, avocado, salt and pepper to toss to combine. Serve with extra limes if desired.