One of my favorite risottos loaded with tomatoes, zucchini, cheese and basil - it feels like summer but you can make it any time of the year!!
Servings: 4 people
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 10 ounces Delallo San Marzano Tomatoes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Delallo Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (anything but an oaky chardonnay)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Mascarpone Cheese
- kosher salt and tons of freshly cracked black pepper
- fresh basil to garnish
In a medium saucepan, combine the stock and tomatoes and heat over low heat until just warmed through.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the shallot and sauté until translucent. Add the zucchini and garlic and cook until softened. Add the Arborio rice to the skillet, making sure to stir it around in the olive oil so that each granule is coated with it, and toast it for about 90 seconds
Add the white wine and stir the rice until all the wine has been absorbed and then start adding the stock mixture 1/2 cup at a time, making sure not to add more until the previous addition has been absorbed
Once the rice is just tender, add the cheese and combine. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Serve with basil and cheese on top.