These Blackberry Muffins are perfect for anyone ages 1+, they're healthy, quick to prepare and easy to store in the freezer for when you need a quick snack!
Servings: 12 people+
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (cows milk, oat milk, almond milk, hemp milk etc)
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil (coconut oil works also)
- 1/2 cup honey or agave (only use honey if you're making these for humans above 1 year old)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 ½ cups blackberries halved (you're more than welcome to sub any other fruit - just cut into similar size)
Preheat the oven to 375° F.
In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, oil, honey, vanilla, and lemon zest. Slowly combine the dry ingredients with the wet until incorporated (try not to over mix the batter).
Add the berries to the batter and slowly combine.
Line or grease muffin tins and fill each tin 2/3 of the way with batter.
Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick tester comes out clean.