This Cherry Clafoutis is the perfect way to use all those cherries during the summer season! It's quick, easy and SO FREAKING GOOD.
Servings: 6 people
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled (plus extra for greasing the pan)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sweet cherries pitted
- 1 cup blackberries
- Powdered sugar for dusting
For the whipped cream
- 2 cups heavy cream chilled
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars and eggs until pale yellow. Slowly add the melted cooled butter until evenly combined. Add the flour and salt and whisk until the batter is a smooth.
Slowly pour in the milk, whisking until smooth and shiny. Add both extracts and stir to combine.
Butter a 9 inch baking dish or skillet.
Place the cherries and blackberries in a buttered baking dish or skillet. Pour the batter over the fruit.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let sit at least 15 minutes before dusting with powdered sugar. Serve and dollop with whipped cream