Linguini with Clams
The simplest Linguini with Clams that makes for an incredible meal that feels restaurant quality from the comfort of your own home!
Servings: 4 people
- 12 ounces linguini
- 4 tablespoons butter unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons calabrian chili paste
- ¾ cup white wine Sauv Blanc
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds manila clams scrubbed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley plus more for garnish
- 1/4 chopped fresh chives
- 1-2 lemons zested and juiced
Cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water, then drain the pasta and return it to the cooking pot.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Once melted, add the garlic and calabrian chili paste and cook until the garlic is fragrant about 60 seconds. Add the wine and pepper, increase the heat slightly, and cook until bubbling, about 2 minutes. Add the clams, increase the heat, cover, and cook just until the clams open, about 3 minutes.
If any clams don’t open, discard them and transfer the opened clams to the pasta pot. Taste the sauce and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
Warm through over medium heat, adding the reserved pasta water as needed to help make it extra saucy. Toss in the parsley, chives, lemon zest and lemon juice. Garnish with extra herbs and serve as needed.